Hi! I’ve been nominated by (geelinlovesconan.wordpress.com) for the Blogger Recognition Award. I’m not sure why since I’m basically a newbie in the blogging world but I feel so happy and grateful that she did! I actually adore her blog so if you wanna have time, please visit her! You won’t regret it!
The Blogger Recognition Award was founded by Eve Estells (http://eveofnight.blogspot.ca/). This award was created with such a great intentions to make a connection between bloggers to help each other.
Also, she set a few requirements (numbered rules below) to receive this award.
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
Rule 1: Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Rule 2: Provide a link to the award creator.
Rule 3: Attach the award to your post.
Rule 4: Nominate fifteen other bloggers, excluding yourself and the person who nominated you.
Rule 5: Write a brief story of how you started your blog.
Rule 6: A piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
Rule 7: Comment on the blogs you have named here to let them know you have nominated them.
How did I begin?
I don’t even know. Honestly, the thought of blogging and writing scare me since most blogs that I ever saw were famous, legit, and super cool. I was afraid I’d fall short to my own expectations, that I’d want to chase after them. I’m not even cut out to be a blogger. My words don’t flow, my camera is shite, my lifestyle is zero interesting. I simply don’t have the means or the streak for it. But being a curious and adventurous person who tries out different things, this side of me won and I ended up making a wordpress.
I did it so I can share my own take on things, my rants, my own open letters that I’m only letting out now. It was easy at first but as days passed, finding a subject to write about got harder. It still is but I’m having fun. I find this experience educational and cathartic for me. I think I’m starting to loosen up. Sharing is getting easier and hopefully, my writing and blog will get better. Hee hee.
I’m still a newbie. So basically, I’m still in the ‘beginning’ stage. I’m in the progress of learning, finding the theme that I want, writing everything I think of. I don’t even know if I want to focus on just one thing. I just want to try it all out.
Advice to newbies?
I’m still new! But anyway, I’ll share the few things I learned in my almost-month’s stay here.
- Do what you want. Everyone started somewhere and I’m sure this is the first thing they did.
- Think if you want your blog to be public or private. Your general posts will depend on this, I think.
- Don’t stress yourself. Know the reason why you’re blogging in the first place. Is it to get known? Is it to share? Is it to just chill? Whatever it is, don’t stress or else you’ll have a blogger’s block!
- Be open to the little things that we usually don’t pay attention to. Some interesting topics come in the most unexpected ways. Just always be ready!
- Be free. Write what you want, what you feel. Of course, don’t overdo it but in order to let your thoughts flow, don’t pressure yourself. Enjoy every moment. Write what you find is interesting. Share it. Shape it. Don’t even think about what others would think. Think about what you’d think, if you like it, if it’s something you’ll like if you’ll come across it.
- Research. Move out. Widen your horizon. The only way you’ll learn is if you try to see what’s out there. In that way, you’ll have an idea of what you want and how to do it.
- Find a theme. I’ve read several tips for newbies and this is what they say all the time. Find. A. Theme. Your posts don’t necessarily have to revolve around it but it’s good to have a general guide that will help you on how you’ll run your blog.
- Just be yourself. Yes, you read that right. No need to be anything you’re not. This is your blog. It’s your say. No one should dictate what should come in and come out.
I nominate these awesome bloggers: